Friday, July 07, 2006

to blog or not to blog

Being one of the older generation this blog thing is a little strange but we must all move on so if this is a medium through which I can give vent to my inner feelings then so be it. Having looked at a few other blogs I must say they were certainly entertaining although I must confess that my inner sobriety might prevent me initially from being too bold!

Having just survived two really tropical days at Hampton Court Flower Show I am steadily coming down to earth and getting ready for the next show on the round Tatton. Hampton was indeed a joy, not just the great gardens, the weather and all those purchasing opportunities, but the whole atmosphere is enjoyable and comfortable. Although I just love Chelsea I have to confess that at times I feel like a sardine in a can, whereas at Hampton Court there is room to breath. I have never had the urge to paddle in all those lovely ponds and water features in the past but on Preview Day if someone had offered I think I would have willingly obliged, it was so hot - even the wallaby on the Bantock/Anglo Auto water garden looked cooked and surely he should be used to heat!

We shouldn't moan about the weather, as gardeners we are either moaning because it hasn't rained or moaning because it has rained too much - in all seasons things will have their will and what will be will be - its what makes gardening such fun and a challenge.

Well that's my first blog out of the way - don't know how I feel about it - I think if someone responds I'll probably faint!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home