Monday, July 17, 2006

visiting gardens we will go

I have spent the weekend visiting my neighbour's gardens in the village where I live. It's great to see how other people manage their personal landscapes whether it be a little space or quite a big one. From small terrace gardens to lovely woodland gardens, we had quite a variety. The weather was so hot that it reminded me of a 1950s film about the earth getting hotter and hotter - I think it was called The day the earth caught fire - or some such. Anyway, the long hot spell has seen a lot of activity re watering, whether creative or just plain out of the tap.

Much activity with buckets, hoses and cans. New promises to plant more drought reliable plants - problem is its so wet where I live in the winter that they probably wouldn't survive!

Tomorrow its off to Tatton to take a look at preparations for preview day on Tuesday.I believe its still going to be hot - well don't grumble everyone let's make the most of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home