Tuesday, July 18, 2006

brilliant gardens - brilliant sun

Into the Valley Well it certainly is hot at Tatton. It topped over 30 today and everyone was frying!! I feel so sorry for the gardeners and designers who have to keep their lovely plants from wilting - it really is an effort for everyone. They say it's going to get even hotter tomorrow - I can't believe that but then anything can happen in global warming. There are some lovely people in gardening - thanks to Clive Scott who designed the "Into the Valley" garden (pictured left) for his hospitality - he offered me a seat in the shade and a cool drink with ice! You can't get much better than that.

Well done to everyone at Tatton for getting the show ready in really difficult conditions. Hopefully it might cool down at bit over the next few days.

I hope that i have lost a couple of pounds over these last few days - in theory I should have done. Cheaper than the sauna anyway! Worried that I rubbed in my sun cream today instead of just leaving it on the surface - and just loved that cat garden - nice to see gardeners thinking of our moggie friends instead of chasing them away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home