Thursday, August 17, 2006

good northern hospitality

Southport Flower Show is good northern hospitality - just ran into Jean Alexander (aka Hilda Ogden and Auntie Wainwright) she lives in Southport so when she is not filming - always takes in the show. She didn't try and sell me anything thank goodness!

Its the one show where I notice genteel laidies in exotic summer attire - rather 1930s - which I actually like - floating around. Southport still has its Edwardian feel about it and of course there is all that good fresh sea air.

The skies are going a little darker and I am hoping not to have to take cover - weather forecast not good for the next couple of days sadly.

There is plenty for all the family, everyone seems to be enjoying themselves particularly the three giant cavorting greenfly which have just assaulted me. However, I'm off to find bargains in the show tent - always get a bargain or two at Southport - and then try to smuggle them in when I get back home before husband finds out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home