Sunday, August 20, 2006

no manolo blahniks

Well there is no point wearing my Manolo Blahniks in the garden today or anywhere else for that matter. We have prayed for it and longed for it and now we have got it in bucketfuls - rain! I'm not complaining mind you, we need it and we have to have it and I know my plants are as happy as little seedlings because at last they have something to drink. So its on with the heavy boot thingies (specially used for the garden) and out with the cutters to keep on getting rid of all the old foilage.

I had to send for another wheelie bin - shame on you I hear you say - you don't compost yourself! No not personally, but the kind local authority does it for me so why bother, I can then go and get a really useful sackful of lovely compost from them when I want it. They have all the hassle of the composting and I just have the joy of seeing the contents of my green wheelie bins disappear every fortnight. Its really good for the soul - if you don't you should try it.

Anyway back to the Manolo Blahniks - we all have favourite gardening shoes - ones we can wear, get dirty and full of mud and not turn a hair. Mine are a sensible pair of brogues that would look fitting on Queen Victotria but who cares - they are comfortable and easy to slip on and off. So come forth the rain, we are ready, suitably shod and keen to get on with the weeding. And Manolo should you be reading this, have you ever thought of designer garden shoes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home