Sunday, September 10, 2006

snail alert

While welcoming the rain we have also welcomed the slime-balls back into activity. I had stern words with the hostas yesterday imploring them to stand up to the various assaults. I even grouped them altogether rather like Wellington at Waterloo, but fear this will only serve to put cream on the pudding for the slime-balls.

I keep asking myself why these pests were put in the garden but then I see a small bird happily munching on one and realise that this must be the scheme of things. Already I am into my planning books for next year with this one hardly out of the window.It's hard to think it September already and time to go to the nursery to buy winter plants to pep up the patio tubs.

Anyway, I will continue to implore the hostas to keep a stiff upper leaf and not flag under the onslaught of a thousand little shells while plotting a more active strategy for next season nothwithstanding that slug pellets look mighty enticing from where I am sitting at this moment. Oh shame!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home