Wednesday, March 11, 2009

meadows

I am undone - not because some horrible little snail object has been at my plants already - not because my camellias are smaller than last year's - no the object of my woe is Lark Rise to Candleford. This enjoyable interlude into late 19th century rural life is enthralling and it makes you hark back to simpler days, although they were probably far from simple.

For all Lark Rise fashionistas the cause of the consternation is that stupid woman Dorcas who doesn't know a good thing when she sees it. Looks like the luscious James might croak it in the last episode of the current series and then she will never know what she has missed.

But one thing I do really love about the programme is the views of lovely rolling countryside and that fresh air feeling. So much so that I reproduce above a view of the wild flower meadow at Crome Park in Worcestershire, one of the loveliest sights I have ever seen and very much how I imagine areas around Lark Rise to have been. Just to get you in the mood for spring.

If you haven't checked out the website recently make sure you enter for our competition to win a copy of Toby's new book. Gardeners' World is going to move from Berryfields onto a new site for the next series so the team will be starting all over again.

We will shortly be starting with all our show news so make sure that you check out the site each week.

We have had the odd really good day to get out in the garden so we might now hope to look forward to brighter days when we can really start the season in earnest. A quick check of my clematis and other slightly tender plants this morning brought the satisfaction that all appears well after the harsh winter, so despite the dreaded Dorcas spurning the chance of eternal happiness, I at least glow with satisfaction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home