Monday, September 25, 2006

Magic

Em was running the Cancer Research 10K at Tatton Park so I decided to take myself off with her. Tatton is one of my favourite gardens and I thought, well its about time I gave myself some fresh air.

As a result I found myself in a magic moment - you know one of those times that you will remember for some reason or other. Anyway, there I was strolling through the rose garden all alone, in fact I was the only one in the garden at that time in the day. Now I know what it must have been like to be Lady Egerton strolling through your estate and completely alone. Magic.

It was fine until the thunderstorm! But even that didn't deter me from walking through the lovely sweeping grounds to seek out the trees which will turn all beautiful colours of copper and reds in just a few weeks. So there I was - National Trust green cagool donned and zipped up, water dripping from my hood - but absolute magic. All alone, in the thunderstorm and I loved every minute of it. Suddenly the downpour gave way to patches of blue and then sunshine!

I wondered if the previous Lady Egertons of Tatton had ever experienced something similar.

Good to see the pineapple house looking so good, they have done an excellent job.

1 Comments:

At 1:31 pm, Blogger Bob said...

I'm glad you didn'y get struck by lightening!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home