Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Marathon weekend

We had a busy weekend in London for the Marathon. Emma successfully comleted not only her first London Marathon, the hottest ever, but also her first Marathon. No doubt she will update her blog when she gets her breath back, but we are all delighted at her wonderful achievement.

Personally, I have never seen so many people, and it is quite a culture shock to visit London at any time when you usually live in the country where life is a little quieter and slower.

There were so many people trying to get on the tube to get to the start that I was reminded of those Japanese trains where guards go along and push people in! That is not the life for me, I am afraid, but I suppose it is quite normal for Londoners.

The weather certainly was glorious and their gardens are quite advanced. There is Wisteria everywhere in full bloom and the Royal Parks looked lovely.

Our next trip down will be for Chelsea so that it the next focus.

1 Comments:

At 1:13 pm, Blogger Bob said...

Hi Sandy. Its funny you should comment on London in that way, I said something similar in my post last night, I was quickly reminded though that some people actually have fun in London. I guess it takes all sorts, I'm with you though and much prefer the countryside - even though it is full of Londoners!I have a Wisteria out in the garden here in Yorkshire, I will post a picture of it later if I have the time. Bob.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home