Friday, February 02, 2007

the sun is shining

At last the sun is shining and time has been spent weeding. Yes the back is a little better thanks Bob so I hope it stays that way for a little while. A couple of days ago we had the most glorious day in south Cumbia and it was a real treat to finally get out and do some tidying.

There were old twigs and sticks everywhere, old stalks from last year's missed perennials and the windy storms which we have had contributed to the general debris.

Well now the green wheelie bin is two-thirds full and I hope that another such dry sunny day will allow me to finish up what I started. Already, much is coming through and you have to be careful not to knock the heads off the emerging plants. The Camellias are just wonderful and performing really well including a sick one which was not at all happy last year but now seems to have responded to a prune and some TLC.

I intend to plant yet more roses this year so have been busy browsing through the David Austin catalogue to see what will suit. I have to try and buy blackspot resistent varieties because the wet weather in Cumbria is not good for roses, in fact many of my neighbours refuse to grow them because of this problem but they don't know what they are missing!

It's coming - I can feel it - Spring is just around the corner. Let's hope we get through February without too much trouble.

1 Comments:

At 6:06 am, Blogger Jenny said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home