Sunday, December 17, 2006

getting ready for christmas


I thought to put you in the Christmas mood I would publish another pic of our Santas enjoying their shopping trip in Liverpool. I also have to report that I have another camellia flower on my tree. By the time it gets to spring, when it should be flowering, most of the flowers will have opened at this rate!

It was also a pleasure to go out into the garden and cut my own holly for the house. I was lucky because some of it had berries. Although I didn't grow my own wallflowers, I do have my own holly bushes so swings and roundabouts!

The ground is very, very wet. So it's best not to tread on it at this time of year. Therefore, I have done very little weeding etc in the garden but just tried to tidy up where necessary. The fencing and paths have a distinctly slimey appearance and I only wish that i had some form of underground water storage to catch all that lovely rain which I might need come the summer months.

Anyway, hope you are all now into decking your halls with holly. Have a great Christmas and don't forget to log on regularly to Reckless in the new year for all your gardening news.

2 Comments:

At 10:17 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy. Its the same here as far as not being able to do any work in the borders, like you I'm doing some tidying up so that when it does come dry I will not have that to do. I hope you have a good Christmas and hope you will tell us all about it. Bob.

 
At 1:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sandy, I just popped in to say best wishes for Christmas and the New Year. I am looking forward to many more of your postings which I truely do find delightful and interesting. Bob.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home