Saturday, November 11, 2006

wallflowers

I have to report that I finally obtained the wallflowers. Still at bit pricey but at least they are now planted. The winter weather is now really settling in and so pot wrapping was completed this week. I have lost lots of good pots due to frost and now don't buy them. There are plenty of pots on the market which look like terracotta and I have found these to be quite good. Spending £25+ on a pot which then cracks in the winter is not common sense and if you live in a frost pocket as I do you would do well to explore alternatives.

The only pot which I have ever been able to leave out without wrapping is one I bought in France several years ago. Now it is clear that that is real terracotta!

The recent wind has brought many of the leaves off the trees now and the garden really is in autumn mode. It has been a fantasic October and many people have made the most of it by getting out into the country and enjoying the air and colours while it lasts.

It really is time to sit by the fire with the catalogues and gardening books and start planning for next year. I have some plans but I am not revealing them just yet as I might change my mind - but that's what gardening is about I think.

In the meantime hope the winter pansies settled in well Bob.

1 Comments:

At 1:04 pm, Blogger Bob said...

Hi Sandy, the pansies are doing fine so far, the dogs have firmed a few of them in for me but no harm done really. Glad you managed to get yourself a few Wallflowers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home