Saturday, October 07, 2006

autumn mornings



One thing I miss about the light summer mornings is getting up very early, about 6.30am and going into the garden. It's one of the most magical times and you can potter among your plants and look what's happening, dead head the roses and just smell the scents of the early morning.

The darker mornings prevent us from doing that - of course you could always get up at 6am tomorrow to watch the Japanese Grand Prix but somehow that can't compensate for the smells of the summer garden in the early morning.


The trees are now giving us their autumnal glows and I thought you might like to share the tones and shades of the Japanese garden (there might be a theme here or perhaps it was just the grand prix which reminded me)at Tatton Park. If you get the opportunity during the next few weeks to get out into parkland then do so, because you will be rewarded with stunning colours and it might make up for the lack of an early morning prowl round your garden.

3 Comments:

At 1:00 pm, Blogger Bob said...

Well Sandy I couldn't get up at 6:30 to watch the gran prix because I never went to bed in the first place (see my blog for details). I like early mornings in the garden also in the evenings after a long hot day and the garden is cooling down for the night I go for a strol round even though I've probbaly been working in it all day.

 
At 10:58 am, Blogger roybe said...

I know what you mean about early mornings Sandy. In Brisbane we are two months into spring. I'm up at 4.30am each day and it really is a delightful time.

 
At 7:24 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is a gorgeous Japanese garden, thanks for sharing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home