Thursday, March 22, 2007

troubled waters

Well, have been told off by Bob (the Gardener to the Big House) for not oiling my tools before I put them away in the winter - well I am a reckless gardener! - and by my friend with the nice garden where you can sit and enjoy glasses of wine in a variety of pleasant seating areas, because she says I didn't give due homage to the other half of the dynamic duo who plays a big part in helping her create this oasis! So homage paid.

Well now I have put that right can I proceed onto calmer waters? Our web editor recently said that she sometimes feels like a little gerbel running round a wheel trying to keep everything going and I know how she feels. This time of year there is always a lot of pressure for Chelsea and of course we still have to deal with all the other stuff which comes our way.

Anyway, we have some exciting features coming onto the website shortly so keep logging on. There will be an interview with the iconic designer John Brookes and a review of John's latest book.

On a beautifully sunny spring day I visited Speke Hall yesterday and this was a really enjoyable visit. They had done a lot to the gardens and surrounding grounds since my last visit several years ago and the room stewards were friendly and interesting. So watch out for a report on that in our gardens to visit section. We shall also be going down to Staffordshire next month to look at several garden attractions in that area, so something else not to miss.

Now I have made my peace with the world I will sign off.

1 Comments:

At 1:37 pm, Blogger Bob said...

Ah! I wasn't telling you off Sandy, just trying to give some helpful advice. I do realise it's easy for me too talk after all I do get paid for cleaning my tools but even so it is best if you can as it makes life easier for you in the long run. I don't think there is much worse than soil sticking to the hoe etc. it makes the job twice as hard. Bob.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home