Thursday, May 03, 2007

lovely weather

What a glorious few days it has been. Managed to get my tubs planted up and some weeding done, miracle. I have been criticised for buying new pots and not taking the sticky price label off. Well I know I do this but it is good to be eccentric and I don't mind the labels being stuck on the side, its quirky.

Chelsea is getting near and I can sense my excitement levels rising. I hope that the weather is good and fair for the event Last year it rained and blew a gale on press day so we shall have to see. I remember getting very muddy.

They say it will rain over the bank holiday but we shall see. I like the garden to get a good soak at least once a week, then the rest can be as sunny as it likes. My new roses from David Austin are doing really well and settling in. I have also had to give extra care to a couple of new clematis and make sure they stay well watered. What I like about May is all the new shoots coming out on everything and me going round with the tie-string to make everything climb where I want it. All the roses are full of lovely leaves with buds forming on most shrubs.

Spring is certainly here and dare I say that I think summer has arrived also!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home