Thursday, May 10, 2007

Off to Malvern

Its cold, windy and dreary so I am getting prepared for Malvern tomorrow, only hope it stays dry for our visit.

I have been waging war on the slime balls again. The homeless ones are the worst - the ones without the shells - at least with snails you can pick them up and lob them into the compost - not so the other type. Well I suppose you could but I wouldn't! Anyway, I have to confess a terrible deed - I have scattered slug pellets. To ease my troubled conscience and offset this environmental no-no I have learned to wipe off greenfly with my fingers so I am not spraying the rose trees. I feel this is a fair trade.

I have decided not to fly this year to offset my carbon footprint and go everywhere by train. To date I have achieved this except it might be difficult getting across the Irish Sea when we go to Dublin in October! However, I am sure that using a ferry must be carbon friendly - or is it?

Anyway, I digress. I wonder what sort of slugs they have in Ireland - I wouldn't mind but the baby snails are so cute - it is very difficult. I now grow a lot of plants which are snail resistant and try and avoid the plants which they like, but can't help it with hostas because I just adore them and so do the slugs, so the war goes on.

There will be no gardening done today as the weather is too wet, but the ground needs the rain so I am not complaining at all. All the flowers have been smiling since it started yesterday, they are probably saying, Thank God I can get a bath at last!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home